Wordfast is a translation memory software that can be used to translate documents and websites. It can integrate with various machine translation tools, including Google Translate, to provide translation suggestions as you work.
To use Wordfast with Google Translate, you will need to set up a Google Cloud account and obtain a Google Cloud API key. Once you have your API key, you can configure Wordfast to use Google Translate as the machine translation engine by following these steps:
- In Wordfast, go to the “Translation” tab and click the “Machine Translation” button.
- In the “Machine Translation” window, click the “Add” button to add a new machine translation provider.
- In the “Add Machine Translation Provider” window, select “Google Translate” from the “Provider” dropdown menu.
- Enter your Google Cloud API key in the “API Key” field.
- Select the languages that you want to translate between from the “Source Language” and “Target Language” dropdown menus.
- Click the “Test Connection” button to verify that Wordfast can connect to the Google Translate API using your API key.
- If the connection is successful, click the “OK” button to save the machine translation provider.
You can now use Wordfast with Google Translate to translate your documents. When you are translating a segment, Wordfast will send the text to Google Translate and provide you with translation suggestions based on the translated text. You can then edit the translation as needed and save it to your translation memory.